Wednesday, May 30, 2012

what you missed in May...

This is a day for reflecting. I started this year with the idea that I would tie up ends left flagrant and to untangle myself from whatever it is that I have become bound to; it's no secret that I haven't been even been remotely intentional in these pursuits. I'm doing my best to avoid these things actually. But I'll sort through that after things settle down for me... adding 2 jobs this month has dynamically shifted my schedule. I'm one who loves change and seeks it cautiously, but runs when it finds me. 

     life in photos, and other things     

Justin has been gone all month visiting his sister who lives in Florida. He comes home next week and honestly I am thrilled. With the way that I am withdrawing from most of my social circles this is one relationship that I still put effort in... even if it doesn't seem like it. I've always been someone be friends or at least acquaintances with everybody. But I've take a turn for the introvert and now only invest in few relationships. Anyway, we've been talking of a road trip for our birthdays (which are a day apart) in July. I remember freaking out when he told me his birthday was just a day after mine.

Kianna, the girl that I started mentoring in March, and I have been having some fun adventures lately. We went for a walk around Central Park and took these cute photos! I can't believe this gorgeous girl is only 15; she's so sweet and bright, and reminds me of myself at that age.


Hannah, my newest roommate, and I went canoeing one afternoon. It was warm and sunny and beautiful. I won't share the photos after we went swimming though... my make up was more than streaked down my face! I loved being out on the water with the golden sun setting our course for the beach across the lake; this is something I could definitely do again! PS. We even made plans to sneakily swim across the lake at midnight! Dun-dun-dun!



For Memorial Day weekend I made an impropmtu trip up to the family cabin; every 3 weekend holiday of the summer (Memorial, Indepence and Labor day weekends) my uncle John has a pig roast. It's a big deal for our family and family friends. On a whim I swept up Arianna to take her with me. Turns out we were a day late! So we headed over to my uncle Al's cabin for the night. I took these sneaky shots of my cousin Jess and her son, Eamon and Arianna and my cousin Brian. Not the most flattering photos but I don't think you mind! Right?


These last few are from Monday when Kianna and I went to a Twins game at the new Target Feild. We had seats behind home plate but waayyyyyy at the top of the seats. Considering both of us have an insane fear of heights (oh, and balance issues as well) it's a wonder we even made it up there! Since it was her first game ever, and only my second I think it's important to mention that neither of us knows a lick about the sport of Baseball so most of the time we just people watched and talked; and took some cute pictures together of course! We left before the game ended but it's safe to say that it was time well spent.

Phew! That's quite the post... thanks for reading :) I can't wait to see what June brings! Also, did you know that you can comment on my blog? If you don't have a google id or blogger account just submit it anonymously (make sure to put your name in your comment so I know who you are though; It won't appear right away but I'll publish it after I read it! 

1 comment:

leave me some sweet words, darlings!