Monday, June 11, 2012

Oh, June.



OH.
I moved.

Did I forget to mention that? Then you're obviously not my friend on Facebook or a follower on my Tumblr and Twitter! Friends and family were surprised when I told them I moved; it was both a long time coming and a sudden event because while I have wanted to move for a while now I didn't think it would actually happen. Mid May I replied to a post on Craigslist and they contacted me right away!

It was a hassle to get a few hours off from work so I could check the place out and meet my potential roommates but $50 later I convinced my coworker to cover 3 hours of my shift. I could go on for at least 4 more paragraphs fawning over how I fell in love with it but instead I'll just let you see for yourself! 

I challenged my Tumblr followers to like my post and I would share a video giving a tour of my room. Well. That's that. Unfortunately there is quite a bit more behind this post than a exciting news and a fun video. 

I  couldn't afford to live there at the time when I started looking for a new place to live; my search for a second job was unsuccessful and moving was the next option. I had family that I could stay with but none of them were great options for me. There are a lot of unhealthy dynamics in most of my family that I don’t care to be a part of. Though I love and adore them without second breath. 

Another reason for moving because I have this need for change; I think it’s because when I was very young we moved around a lot. If you know me at all you'll know that I'm a bit of a wanderer and the desire to move isn't new. Remember when I had that plan to move to Joplin, MO with Kirstin? And that time I almost took a bus to San Francisco? 


Lastly, I honestly didn't want to go home anymore. After I got the second job I could have afforded it… but I got a third job so that I didn’t have time to “be home”. I'm an introvert with trust and intimacy issues and a big avoidance problem. I’m actually surprised that I’m sharing any of this right now. I didn't like having so many people pushing on the borders of my life and questioning my lifestyle. And further… I felt suffocated by their faith. I needed to distance myself from it all. Okay, that's enough. I can't handle any more talk about the deep things in my life. I'm too content to keep it shallow.

1 comment:

  1. Hey babe! Loved reading your blog! And I loved the video!! You looked so pretty!! You are GORGEOUS :) I miss seeing you! I love your new room, definitely way more spacious and cosy :)
    Please let's have a skype date :)
    LOVE YOU!!
    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

leave me some sweet words, darlings!