Saturday, September 15, 2012

July, August and introducing... September?

hello lovely friends and followers
It's been quite a while since I wrote here and admittedly it's been intentionally avoided. But tonight I'm feeling the familiar feels of instability, confusion, and apathetic frustration. I'll save the drama for a much-needed garbage day post and just catch you up on what you've missed in my life this summer... most of it anyways!

Kianna, the girl I was mentoring through the non profit in St. Paul, and I went to Lake Calhoun back in June; I think that was the last time that we actually got together. I started working three jobs and I pretty much dropped off with her. We just got reconnected through Facebook (she sought me out!) and I'm hoping to step back into her life as a positive role model* this fall. 



Also in June I went to a Tumblr party and met some of the neatest people ever (I'll get to them in a minute). In this post I briefly wrote about that moving to Minneapolis and what that was all about so take a look if you don't recall... I'm sure I'll dig back through more thoughts on that later too.

Started July by going to Valley Fair with my sister, my nephews, and their close friends-of-family. It was a blast! I mostly hung out with the kids (below) going on as many rides as possible but managed to spend some time with my sister too. No doubt about it though I loved being a little brat with my two nephews the most though... look how handsome they are! 



July also brought about another meeting of the Soul Sistaaasssssss! Mariah, Tina, Elise, and I got together the weekend of my birthday at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts and then had lunch at The Bad Waitress. 

It's not easy to get the 4some together but when we do it's worth it. I'll share more about our adventure that day in a later post (and I'll be sure to link to it when it's available).

I turned the big ol' 21 and I even had a party with my "new friends" (whom I've already seemed to fallen off with... I'm burning a lot of bridges lately). We started the night grilling at my house, went to Applebee's and then ended the night at Chelsea's house. Most of my photos from the night didn't turn out well but here are some that my friends posted afterwards. 

The day after mine is Justin's birthday so we went to the Mall of America and celebrated together. Legoland, Caribou, and the Doc Martin store were definitely some high lights from that trip! 

more recent updates:
I moved (again). I got a boyfriend. We live together... with 5 other roommates. I never would have thought I would end up with some one like him but  he treats me better than any man has in the last 4 years and I feel secure, confident, and happy with him. We started seeing each other in mid June when I invited him to a party and we kinda sorta hooked up and were pretty much inseparable since. 

Okay, that wasn't so bad... maybe I can still blog and share my life with people. I don't have to lead this double life anymore. Slowly, very slowly, I feel like I'm merging myself together (even though I feel like I'm falling apart).

with love and sentiments
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some sweet words, darlings!